Monday, September 3, 2012

My first Currently!

Happy Monday! And yes, it actually IS a happy Monday because we no school! *happy dance* Labor Day is such a well placed holiday for teachers.  They knew we needed a break already :)  Well here goes my first currently link up!

Ok so I know there's a lot about wedding stuff in there but my goodness have you ever planned one?? We've only been engaged for a month and there's already so much to do!  And so many places are already booked up a year in advance!  I'm already having wedding dreams every night... who knows how to turn my brain off for me?  I feel like deciding who to invite is so cut throat!  It gives me anxiety.  

Fall is almost here!  I had a little glimpse of fall weather yesterday... it was gone by noon but boy was it nice.  Fall means footbaaaaalll! I am so not a football guru but I LOVE tailgating, the Grove, and football foods.  Makes fall fabulous.  And the internet - well it's just awesome.  I can find out SO much wedding stuff without having to leave my couch.  Blogs, pinterest, facebook, I can't get enough.  It's bad for my posture...  Seriously...

Excuse that this post has nothing to do with teaching.  Hey, it's a national holiday!

5 comments:

  1. Congrats on your engagement! My brother just got married yesterday and today is a day of recovery:) Enjoy the planning process. It can be super fun! Glad I found your blog through this month's Currently. I am your newest follower.
    -Jaime
    Bright Concepts 4 Teachers

    ReplyDelete
  2. My currently had a lot of wedding stuff too! But it's only 32 days a way so it's really taking over! We invited the people we knew would be happy for us, that would support us and would have fun with us! We still went over our limit of 80 people! Invite the people you want to celebrate with and spend that day with. People understand that wedding's are expensive and not everyone can be invited. Have fun planning!

    I am a new follower! I found you through Oh Boy Fourth Grade's currently linky party! I hope you'll check out my manly kindergarten blog!

    Greg
    Smedley's Smorgasboard of Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kristen

    I love the colors of your blog. Congrats on the recent engagement, and good luck with the wedding plans! I agree with you on the "fabulousness" of Fall!

    Jane
    Learning in the Little Apple

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm your newest follower! Your blog is so cute! I agree that wedding stress can get crazy. We got married 4 years ago and I remember how calming it was after the wedding when we could just be 'us' again. You'll get through it! Married life is wonderful! :)

    And, I LOVE fall too...my favorite time of year!

    Rachel
    A-B-Seymour

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, weddings can be stressful. Just keep your demands simple. Also, think about the reception as being for your guests. You will enjoy yourself no matter what because it's your special day. But keep in mind that your guests want to have fun too. And it's always fun years later when they talk about how much fun your wedding was! Deep breath!!!

    ReplyDelete